Steve Lumbley (Apostasy Watch) has posted “What We Believe About Israel”. I wanted to share it.
1. We fully support Israel’s right to exist and her right to defend herself from all foreign and domestic enemies. We also agree that there are many good political reasons for the US to consider Israel an ally in that region.
2. We acknowledge the sovereign hand of God in the rise and fall of nations upon the earth. It is beyond dispute that God has allowed the re-gathering of ethnic Jews into the land originally designated for Abraham.
3. We do not believe this re-gathering of ethnic Jews constitutes a fulfillment of Old Covenant promises to Abraham because all those promises were and are fulfilled in Christ. (Jer 31:31, Mat 26:28, 2Cor 3:6, Heb 8:13, Heb 11:9-10 & 15)
4. Furthermore, all the Old Covenant promises of dwelling in the land were conditional based on obedience to God.(Lev 25:18, Jos 24:20, Ps 37:3, Jer 7:3-7) Natural Israel today is, for the most part still in rebellion to God as they continue to reject Messiah. Since they reject the son, neither do they have the Father (John 5:23, 1John 2:22-23)
5. The leaders of natural Israel today are as feckless as their forefathers. They have made treaties with their enemies contrary to Gods word (Ex 23:32, Num 33:55, Deut 7:2) They have divided the land for gain (peace) contrary to Gods word (Dan 11:39) They rely on their own strength and the strength of their allies in the world (Isaiah 31:1) In the end no good can possibly come of this rebellious behavior.
6. We reject the dispensationalist idea that the Kingdom of God was “put on hold” when Israel rejected Messiah. We believe Jesus when he said the Kingdom would be taken from apostate Israel and given to a nation bearing fruit (Mat 21:43 Deut 32:21 1Peter 2:9). True Israel never ceased to exist, it simply took another form after Pentecost. True Israel now is a spiritual kingdom (John 18:36) that exists worldwide and is made up of one new man (Eph 2:15)
7. Therefore we believe the only true continuation of the Abrahamic faith in the earth today is found in the church, the ekklesia, the called out ones who have been born again by the Spirit of God. The true Israel of God is made up only of those who have received the promised Messiah by faith (Rom 2:28, Rom 9:6, Gal 3:16)
8. This does not mean God has rejected ethnic Jews because the church began with ethnic Jews and since that time many ethnic Jews have come to faith in Messiah. However to be re-grafted into the natural olive tree (the true Israel of God) they must come through the cross of Christ and not through some national geopolitical entity. (Mat 21:19, Rom 11:23)
9. We believe there are ethnic Jews in natural Israel who are appointed unto salvation therefore it is vital that Christians present them with the unadulterated gospel. We do them no favors by making them believe they are still Gods chosen people in their current apostate condition. The visible church, particularly here in the west, has forfeited her commission to take the gospel to all nations beginning with Israel (Acts 1:8) and replaced it with a patronizing idolatry of apostate Judaism. Ethnic Jews in Israel will never ‘look upon Him whom they pierced’ as long as they see the US as their protector and benefactor and the church blessing their blasphemy and false religion..
10. We recognize that many of our brothers and sisters in Christ hold what we believe to be an idolatrous view of natural Israel. We do not reject fellowship with our brothers and sisters but we pray for the day when they will see their true calling to preach the gospel to the Jewish people even though it may bring rejection and vilification from the people to whom they are sent. It is better to have praise from God rather than praise from men (John 12:43)
Copyright 2012 Apostasywatch.com This article may be reproduced free of charge as long as it remains in its complete and original form
Thank you for posting this Steve…I would like to link back to it in my sidebar, with your permission.