1. The Bible is the verbal inspiration of God. (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21)
2. In one God eternally existing in three persons; the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14; John 14:10, 26)
3. I believe in the Person and Work of Christ:
a- I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men (Isaiah 7:14, 9:6; Luke 1:35; John 1:1-2, 14; II Corinthians 5:19-21; Galatians 4:4-5; Philippians 2:5-8).
b- I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and, that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead (Acts 2:18-36; Romans 3:24-25; I Peter 2:24; Ephesians 1:7; I Peter 1:3-5).
c- I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate (Acts 1:9-10; Hebrews 9:24, 7:25; Romans 8:34; I John 2:1-2).
4. I believe that all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins;—-That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ. (Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 3:22-23, 5:12, 6:23; Ephesians 2:1-3, 4:17-19 John 1:12; Ephesians 1:7, 2:8-10; I Peter 1:18-19)
5-I believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46; John 5:28-29, 11:25-26; Revelation 20:5-6, 12-13)
6- I believe that the souls of the redeemed are, at death, absent from the body and present with the Lord, where in conscience bliss they await the first resurrection, when spirit, soul, and body are reunited to be glorified forever with the Lord (Luke 23:43; II Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:23, 3:21; I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelations 20:4-6)
7- I believe that Jesus Christ WILL return again! (Psalms 89:3-4; Daniel 2:31-45; Zechariah 14:4-11; I Thessalonians 1:10, 4:13-18; Titus 2:13; Revelations 3:10, 19:11-16, 20:1-6).
a- That the “blessed hope”, the personal return of Christ who will catch-up His Church, was Prophesied, is true, and will be fulfilled.
b -While we are told of signs that will proceed this, we are not to set dates—thus recognizing the total sovereignty of God.
c- I believe the Body of Christ should not only be watching daily for our Lords return, but should also be prepared at ALL time;
- Prepared’ ie–In being about the business of the Great Commission (Mark 16:15-18)
- By fighting the ‘Good fight of Faith’ (Eph.6:10-18)—
- Never forgetting those that have went before us (Hebrews 11:1-40–Hebrews 12:1-4)
8- I believe there will be a New Heaven and New Earth, at the time our Lord sets up His Kingdom on earth. (Rev.21 & 22)
9 -I believe in the Unity of the body of Christ—-based on salvation through Christ only, love for the brethren, and servant-hood to one another (Rom.12:5 1Cor.10:17 Eph.4:13 Eph.4:3 1Peter 3:8)
“That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me” John 17:21
“By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another” John 13:35
“Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment” 1Cor.1:10
“Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently” 1Peter 1:22
Also see: “Simply Christian”